Friday, August 15, 2014

Citrus Twist Double Page Layout

Lately I have found that trying new page sizes, techniques, and styles has breathed fresh life into my creativity.  A two page layout seems the perfect next avenue to explore.

When trying something new, I often take inspiration from scrapbooking galleries and pinterest, Double page sightings are rare though. I am certainly seeing more than usual, but there still is not a great deal to pull from.  So when I set out to design a two page layout, I really had to start from scratch.

I started first by narrowing down a color scheme.  Beside complimenting or highlighting photos, color can be used to unite multiple pages.  These are the products I pulled from the various August kits.

Double Page 5

From this I narrowed my color scheme down even further to pink, red, gold, and a few neutral pieces in beige and gray.

Next, I spread my photos across the two pages and played around with the arrangement.  To keep it simple, I printed all but one of my photos the same size and went for a symetrical design to balance the photos on both sides. Here is what I decided on:

Double Page
 
Now that I knew where I wanted my photos to go, I began to build a background.  Since I absolutely loved the red patterned paper from the August Main Kit, I decided to be bold and use it as one full side of my design.  I then cut a smaller pink rectangle to spread across both pages, bridging the two pages.
 
Double Page 2
 
To coninue with the process of unifying my layout, I cut a border strip in a neutral beige from the 6x6 paper pad included in the PL Kit and placed it across the top of both pages, making sure they lined up.
 
Double Page 3
 
Double Page 4
 
With the foundation of the layout completed, I turned next to embellishing. To make sure I balanced them across the two pages, I used the embelllishment to create a visual triangle.  You can see that here in the finished layout.
 
A Beautiful Life
 
Here are some closeups:
 
A Beautiful Life 4
 
A Beautiful Life 5
 
A Beautiful Life 6
 
Products Used: 
 
Wishing you a great day! 
 
 
 
 
 






3 comments:

  1. That is adorable! Great use of color and love your layered butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful! I love how you showed the steps of how you created it. also, all the details you added are just lovely like the gold letters and the little pocket. great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this double page layout. It's so funny, but I started out only making 2-pagers and now I just can't. Maybe I will challenge myself to try to make one soon. Thanks for the awesome inspiration.

    ReplyDelete