Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Cut Shoppe: Snow Day

Hello! Michelle here with you today to share a new layout where I used both the new Frosty Flakes and Bits and Baubles cut files that recently became available in The Cut Shoppe.

The Frosty Flakes cut file is a background cut file, that can be used for your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

The Bits & Baubles cut file set includes 8 Christmas themed icons, that can be used for your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

When beginning my project, I first cut the Frosty Flakes cut file out of white cardstock with the intention of layering it over a matching white background. This is one of my go to techniques because it adds interest in a simple way. However, as I was playing around with placement, I decided I really liked it as a layering element and thought it would be super fun to have all the snow flakes peaking out from behind my photo. With that decision made, here is what I created:



My daughter's neutral colored photo really opened up the gates for picking a color combination to use. I ended up using patterned paper from the very pretty Hello, Love Collection from Crate Paper as well as the Goldie Collection from Seven Paper. The floral paper was by far my favorite and I ended up layering it underneath the snowflake.



I chose to cut the "Snow Day" title out of a black patterned paper to create some contrast against the lighter colors. 


Don't forget, The Cut Shoppe is passing on the savings to you all month long with a discount to save 31% off your purchase:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

Wishing you a happy holiday!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment