Friday, August 28, 2015

The Cut Shoppe: Dive In

Hello! Today I want to share a new layout using a fun title from the Make a Splash cut file.

The Make a Splash cut file includes 5 pool themed icons, that can be used on your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

As much as I love cutting out shapes to use on my projects, it's the cool phrases and titles that really get me excited. I sometimes feel totally uncreative when it comes to picking a title for a project and to be able to browse through the selection of cool and unique cut files at The Cut Shoppe means I am able to add some fun variety to my titles.

For this next layout, I cut out the stacked "Dive-In" title after sizing it to fill approximately half the width of my page. Since it is on the narrow side, I also increased the width to bulk it up a bit. Here's what I came up with:

Dive In

When I began to work on this layout, I knew I wanted to go with minimal color-something that normally isn't my style-and this led to me making the decision to cut the "Dive-In" out of white cardstock, the same as my base. To make sure the title stood out and was easy to read, I used pop dots to raise it up off of the background.

Dive In 2 

Dive In 3

Wishing you a great day!

Michelle





3 comments:

  1. Wow, that title work is so cool. It looks really great! Such a wonderful LO, especially with that adorable photo :)
    Debra www.ourlifeincolor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Love the white on white. Cute photo. I have trouble with titles, too. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. The white on white title looks great, Michelle and I love the little bundle of embellishments peeking out from behind your photo!

    ReplyDelete