Monday, June 22, 2015

Citrus Twist Kits: Life is Good

Today starts a brand new week and I want to start it off by sharing my last June project using the Citrus Twist June "Sweet Thing" Main and "Whole Lotta Love" Embellishment Kits! Both of these kits featured the beautiful colors and patterns from Pink Paislee's Citrus Bliss collection and Crate's Poolside which are probably my fave paper collections from this year. For this layout, Life is Good, I wanted to feature the minty greens and pink in the kit because they really complimented my photo. Here is what I came up with:

Life is Good

My paper, photo, and layering pieces are always the first to go down on my layout, embellishing is usually the last step before I run my project through my sewing machine. When I reached this step for this layout, I found myself playing with the yellow piece of flair and thought that it picked up on the yellow in the ice cream patterned paper. Prior to this, I had been pretty set on playing up the pinks and mints and was quite pleasantly surprised by how the addition of yellow brightened up my layout.

Life is Good 2

From the get go when I saw the Citrus Bliss collection this past winter, I was excited about the addition of the flamingos and I just loved getting to use these pink flamingo banners!

Life is Good 3
 


The colors featured in the collections from this past spring have really had my heart and I am not quite sure I am ready to move on to the summer color pallets! Ha ha. I say that now, but surely with the arrival of the next wave of kits and collections, I am sure I will change my mind ;).
 
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love Citrus Bliss, too, and Poolside caught my eye. Really want the 6x6 pads for both. Anyway, those flamingos are cool, and I love your bright, cheerful layout. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet layout, love your embellishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Love the splashes of pink!

    ReplyDelete