Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hip Kit Club: Lovely

Working with the April's Kits from the Hip Kit Club has been a complete joy. The kits are a reflection of all the wonderful feelings that Spring brings-sunshine, warmth, happiness, new beginnings, green grass, and flowers....and all of these have influenced my projects, including this next layout, Lovely.

Lovely 5

When deciding upon my approach to document this happy and candid moment I knew that I wanted my finished project to reflect the simple delight that playing in the water on a warm day is. One way of doing this is through color and I chose to focus on the yellow, pink, and minty greens found in April's Kits.

Lovely 2

The design of this layout is basically a grid. A large and not so obvious grid, but still a grid. I find that for me, this type of design works really well when you are working with a larger sized photo on a smaller canvas. Here my photo is a little less than 4x6 and my page size is 8.5x11.

Lovely 3

My larger photo size also influenced the amount of embellishing that I did.  Rather then competing with the picture, I chose to embellish minimally, keeping the design soft and simple to let this photo of my oldest daughter playing in the muddy puddles shine. The Webster's Pages' grid paper from the April Embellishment Kit worked really well to bring in more interest without overwhelming the overall design.
In the end, I have a layout that I love and a memory captured.

Wishing you a great week!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment