Thursday, February 4, 2016

Citrus Twist Kit: February Reveal

I had lots of fun watching all the new releases roll out during CHA on Instagram a few weeks ago and boy was I super excited to see some of the things I was drooling over in my box of February Kits from Citrus Twist! Seeing papers and embellishments from the most recent releases from Crate Paper and Pink Paislee sure made my day :).

This month I worked with both the February Main "Stories" Kit and a part of the Embellishment Kit (due to shipping time frames the design team was unable to have the entire kit) and I am so happy (and so nervous because I am totall newbie) to say that I have an unboxing video to share! Yay!



I created layouts in record time this month and this is due entirely to the fact that I was so excited to work with the stuff--nothing gets my scrappy mojo going like a fresh box of brand new goodies!


This is a fave layout simply because I love the story so much! The blues in the kit were such a great compliment to the photo and I had fun adding in a little bit of pink using the cut apart sheet from Maggie Holme's new Bloom line.


For US, I returned to one of my go-to designs and I even pulled out one of my most loved punches to add a little touch of whimsy. (I love saying "whismy!) One of my favorite things to do is bring back an older design or technique and give it a fresh twist with new products.



Again in this third layout, I really went to town with the blues in the kit. I don't know, but blue is just such a fresh color for me right now. I complimented it with the yellow in the kit and more black and white elements.



For my final project this month, I used a 3x4 card from the cut apart sheet I mentioned earlier and paired it with this picture of my daughter after she successfully made it across the monkey bars. For a change, I mix and matched some word elements for my title. 



Well, there you have it my Citrus Twist projects for February! To see more projects made from this month's kits make sure and head on over to the Citrus Twist Gallery or the blog where we share daily shots of inspiration. You can also find the design team's work on Instagram--just search for #citrustwistkits. 

Michelle








4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE it Michelle!! And thanks for the round trip of the February kit <3 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts. Your daughter looks just like you! Love the layering and the placement of your embellishments. I'll watch your video over the weekend, but I wanted to stop to say how great they are. Michelle 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops. I'm sorry that's supposed to be "Michelle t".

      Delete
  3. Ps...again...watched your video. It was awesome! You did great. And it's a cool kit, too. You get a lot in there. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete