Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Cut Shoppe: Lovely

Fall is by far my favorite season to scrapbook. I definitely love the summer and enjoy all that it brings, but near the end of August I am so tired of the hot temperatures that I am usually begging for autumn to begin. I am so happy when I finally get to trade in my air conditioning and flip flops for warm socks, hot drinks, and pumpkin pie! Sweather weather is the best and most comfortable in my opinion!

Of course my love for fall extends itself to digital cut files and for this next layout I reached for the super versatile "Fall Finds" cut file which is currently available at The Cut Shoppe.

The Fall Finds cut file set includes 5 Fall themed images, that can be used on your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

When planning my layout I knew that I really wanted to emphasize the pumpkin element of my photo and I chose to feature the string of pumpkins along the bottom edge of my 6x8 layout.

Lovely

Since I was working with a smaller sized canvas, I ended up cutting off the last two pumpkins so that the strip of pumpkins would fit across my page. I could have just sized the pumpkins down to a six inch width in Silhouette to include them all, but I really wanted the pumpkins to be big, so I kept them as is. To adhere the pumpkins, I used a small amount of adhesive and then ran them carefully through the sewing machine.

Lovely 2

Lovely 3

If you love fall cut files as much as I do, I encourage you to jump on over to The Cut Shoppe Blog and check out what the rest of the design team is doing with the plethora of fall images that are available--lots and lots of inspiration I promise you!

Wishing you a great day!

Michelle


1 comment:

  1. Pretty! Love the intricate design, and how you incorporated it on the bottom then stitched it down. Lovely, and inspired. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete