Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pre-School Handbook Style

When my daughter started pre-school this fall I had to decide how I wanted to go about documenting her school year. Each of my children have their own personal albums, but I felt like I really wanted to keep the school related scrapping seperate. And, in all honesty, I wanted an excuse to try out one of the new Handbooks from Studio Calico ;).

So here you go, my first layout completed for Maleia's album, Handbook style:

Pre-School
 
Now my layout was very much inspired by this layout by a member of the Studio Calico community. A challenge was recently posted to the SC Message Board to lift a project in our Inspiration Book and I joined in on the fun.
 
Pre-School 2
 
Pre-School 3
 
And just in case you are wondering about the new Handbooks from Studio Calico, here is a look:
 
Pre-School 4
 
This new version of the Handbook is different in two ways. First, as you can probably tell, they are smaller in regards to the width, something that I actually really like, but might be a concern for someone who wants to use these albums for Project Life. Second, they now have 6 holes as opposed to 4, a factor that really does not matter at all to me at this point. I went with the Mint Hint and am really loving the color.
 
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see you fill up that lovely album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute and I love the colors. Haven't done 8/11 in a long time. I may need to make a page or two.

    ReplyDelete