Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Stash Busting 2018: Layout 1

The Stash Busting Challenge has proven to be a major motivator and it took me no time at all to make my first layout with the kit. It seems that a kit full of my favorite colors and glittery Thickers is all I need to get going!


Helping me get started in a design direction was a fun challenge over at the Paper Issues Friend Group on Facebook called "What's Going Down?"  The prompt for this challenge was to focus all our attention on the bottom of the page. Easy right?? Well, yes.....and no. LOL. I'm no stranger to designing on the bottom, but leaving the rest of the white space blank was too tough and I just had to have those sequin stars float up!



With this being the inaugural layout for the challenge, I wanted to include as much as I could from the kit. I used four patterned papers, two specialty papers, diecuts, stickers, a bow clip, and star confetti. I even fussy cut a flower out from a paper! What?!  



The best thing about putting this layout together though, was that I was playing with product that had been hibernating away in Iris boxes. I'm always excited about the latest and greatest, but working with this older product didn't feel any different than when I create with brand new supplies. Now that's something to think about...…

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment